NOTICE OF THE EIGHTEENTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE SOCIETY OF EDITORS TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 17TH OCTOBER 2016 AT THE HALSTON, CARLISLE
Any full or deputy member who wishes to put a resolution or raise a matter under any other business should advise the executive director by Friday 30 September 2016. Full and deputy members are entitled to vote and qualified members may appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his or her stead in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association. A copy is available on the website www.societyofeditors.org or from the executive director. To be valid a proxy must be received at the Society office no later than on Friday 30 September 2016 or at the Halston, Carlisle by 12 noon on Sunday 16th October 2016.
R E Satchwell Executive Director and Company Secretary
- President’s opening remarks
- Apologies for absence
- MINUTES: To adopt, if approved, the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 18 October 2015.
- ACCOUNTS: To receive and, if approved, adopt the accounts for the financial year up to 31 December 2015.
- ANNUAL REPORT 2015/16: To receive and, if approved, adopt the Annual Report for 2015/16.
- To record the Society’s thanks for service on the board to Graham Dudman, Simon Bucks, Chris Elliott and
Robin Esser who retired from the board during the year.
- To confirm co-option of Charles Garside as an ordinary member of the board for three years. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To re-elect Fran Unsworth and Donald Martin as ordinary members of the board for a period of three years.
This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To note and approve the appointment by the board of Jonathan Grun as chairman of the parliamentary and legal committee for a period of three years. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To note and approve the re-appointment by the board of Moira Sleight as Honorary Treasurer. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To note and approve the re-appointment by the board of Bob Satchwell as Executive Director and Company Secretary.
- To elect the President for the year 2016-2017: Ian MacGregor, Weekend Editor of the Telegraph, is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will take place in the Autumn of 2017 at a time and venue to be confirmed.
- Any other business.